LG HI-MACS® Surface
LG solid surface materials are ideal for countertops and other surfacing applications where extreme durability, versatility and lasting beauty are a must.
With an ever-expanding collection of colors and styles LG acrylic surfaces will blend perfectly into any décor or architectural design. Because LG acrylic surfaces are non-porous, they are easy to clean and completely renewable. In addition, the unique thermoformable capabilities allow all LG acrylic surfaces to be molded or shaped to fit any design you can imagine.
Furthermore, LG acrylic surfaces are a substantially better value than other brands of solid surface, allowing more and more home owners and businesses the opportunity to use premium solid surfaces in their projects. Finally, all LG surfaces are backed by an industry leading 15-year fully transferable warranty.
Care and Maintenance
HI-MACS® solid surfaces are stain resistant, easy to clean and hygienic, ideal for kitchen countertops, vanity tops, and other surfaces subject to the hazards of moisture and heavy wear.
- Even the most used areas won't succumb to coffee, ink, or other stains.
- No special cleaning products are needed to keep HI-MACS® looking beautiful day in and day out.
- While HI-MACS® is extremely tough and durable, like any other fine material it can be damaged if abused or mistreated.
Reviewing these care and cleaning instructions can assist you in understanding how easy it is to care for your new HI-MACS® surface and how you can prevent more severe damage that may require special repairs.
With a little knowledge, you can enjoy the elegance and beauty of HI-MACS® for years to come.
- HI-MACS® is non-porous, so it can be wiped clean with a damp cloth or sponge and mild detergents or general purpose cleaners such as Mr. Clean.
- If you have a matte finish, abrasive cleaners like Ajax or comet may also be used.
- Periodically it may also be helpful to go over the entire surface in a circular motion with an abrasive cleaner or wet Scotch Brite pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
- Do not place hot pans directly from the burner or oven on the HI-MACS® surface.
- Even though HI-MACS® can withstand sustained temperatures up to 225 °F, prolonged or extreme heat could cause yellowing.
- A trivet should always be used under heated appliances, such as crock pots, electric frying pans, etc.
- Although minor cuts and scratches in HI-MACS® can be repaired, deep cuts will require the services of professional Strong acids such as those found in drain, toilet bowl, and oven cleaners should be used cautiously around HI-MACS®.
- If these items are accidentally spilled, wipe them up at once. Some of these items, when left on the surface, may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
Spills and Stains
- While most everyday spills can be removed with the cleaning techniques listed, some troublesome spills and stains such as food dye, tea, and fruit drinks may require more aggressive cleaning. These items can be removed with full strength bleach followed by a general cleanser.
- Bleach should only come in contact with the surface for two to five minutes. On a matte finish, if you prefer, you can scrub with an abrasive cleaner. Even nail polish can be removed from HI-MACS® with nail polish remover or an abrasive cleanser.
While HI-MACS® will not burn, should a lighted cigarette accidentally come in contact with the surface, it could leave a nicotine stain or scorch mark. Either of these can be removed by cleaning with an abrasive cleanser or buffing in a circular motion with a Scotch Brite pad.
For removing superficial scratches, rub in a circular motion with a wet # 7448 Scotch Brite buffing pad until the scratches are removed. Clean thoroughly with soap and water and let dry.
Deep scratches can be removed by carefully sanding lightly with 120 grit sandpaper followed by 220 and 320 grit sandpaper. Then rub the surface with a wet # 7448 Scotch Brite pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. For added protection, or if any additional luster is desired, after the surface is dry, apply a non-wax polish cleaner or other recommended surface dressing and wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Wipe dry using another cloth.